Sunday, February 27, 2011
He said he was merely walking by;
innocent as a man can be.
“Could I be blamed for watching?
what was plainly there to see?"
And said, “I like what I’m seeing here.
Can I come back for more?"
And so he did, and, within weeks
his knees were planted on the floor!
He popped the question. Tikla Squealed,
“This is so sudden!"
What have you been waiting for?”
This is not your usual story
you can get a moral from.
It’s just that Tikla was a show-off,’
and Austin was a peeping Tom!
© Robert Lynn Brown
Posted by Tikla at 2:46 PM
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
|Reece, master of entertaining, made up a "video game" on the white board. I'm telling you kids don't need toys. :)|
|Starr, isn't she the cutest!!!|
|Sisters ;) au naturel|
|Jay J. dutiful dishes doer and excellent cookie maker|
|A little one on one action in the backyard.|
|According to Austin, Sterling beat him in a round of PIG fair and square.|
|Oh, and mustn't forget a little blueberry lush. YUM!!!!|
Posted by Tikla at 8:04 PM
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Why the Controversy?
Number one: Commercialized love.
Rebuttal: Since when do holidays NOT get commercialized. It's called: good ideas earn money so people jump on them. Can you blame them? If you don't think people should spend loads of money on flowers and chocolate then don't, make cookies and paper flowers yourself. I don't think there are pompous rich guys who sit back and laugh at the stupidity of America as they roll in the proceeds from their paper doily business. I'm pretty sure it's sweet little ladies who run flower shops who are earning their living. :)
Number two: Single people feel sad.
Rebuttal: I don't have a good one for this. No doubt smooching couples, sickly sweet decorations, and loneliness are a lethal combination. However, I'm pretty sure there have only been 2% of my February 14th celebrations that have included being someones "valentine." On the other 98% I've dressed up in pink, drawn hearts next to my eyes, and passed out sweethearts to perfect strangers. So, I guess my point is, other people aren't in charge of making us happy. We find happiness and then we are better equipped to be happy with someone. If it takes a boy/girlfriend to make you happy then you never will be.
Number three: Just one day to show love? Shouldn't I show my love all year long?
Rebuttal: I think Mallory Watkins toasted it golden when she said: "It's just like Thanksgiving. I give thanks every day, but it's nice to have a holiday dedicated to it. I tell my husband everyday that I love him, but that doesn't make Valentine's any less meaningful to us." I can't think of anyone who only shows love on Valentine's Day. If they aren't showing it on the other days then what would make them pop out the prose and roses for the 14th? If anything people break up before this day so that they don't have to show love they don't feel.
So there is my rant against the Valentine's day rant.
Thank you to a husband who refuses to wear green in honor of a catholic St. Patrick, but will wear a pink tie, dance with me to Ella Fitzgerald, and hold me gently on Valentine's Day.
I love you Valentine!
Posted by Tikla at 12:07 PM